Day 1, Thursday, 6:33 New York Time

We are in the air on our last leg of the LONG journey to London. Most of you know I am terrified of flying! I know, I know. . . I figure this is about my 39th flight and yet I can't seem to chip away at this stupid fear. I grasp it with both hands facing it head on and it promptly sticks its pink hairy tongue back out at me! But actually I am doing pretty well today!

This whole climbing into this tin can of death thing has been keeping me up at nights. I have had a few sleepless nights this week about it, last night being one of them. Yet, something happened to me at about 2:00 AM this morning. I sat up to punch at my pillows again and it suddenly dawned on me. I am going to Europe! I love Europe and Europe loves me! Suddenly the inconvenience of this little flight seemed like a small price to pay because I KNOW what comes after and it is totally worth it! So, at 2:00 AM. A serge of excitement slapped me upside the head and I knew there was not point in trying to sleep. I got up, took a lavender bubble bath, packed a few more things and then woke Meghann with a , “Hey, are you going to Europe with me or not!”

The flights actually have not been bad! Our planes have been smaller, newer aircraft's. Our first flight was full, but Meghann and I decided to dress for comfort. We are wearing sweats and I packed a very bulky pair of noise filtering headphones. I spent the flight deep inside my ipod! It was pretty sweet! We also have Direct T.V. Screens (on both flights) all to ourselves where we can choose a movie, TV show, or video game. Its been really relaxing.

The flight we are on now is pretty empty so we have two whole rows to ourselves and are taking advantage of it! We are going to lay down flat and try to sleep.
So, I keep waiting for Meghann to get scared, but it hasn't happened yet. Her enthusiasm is intoxicating. This part of the journey is all pretty annoying for me, but she is oooooing and ahhhhing over every little thing!






No comments: