Day 6, 9:15 A.M. Tuesday, Brighton


There are two things in my life that bring me complete peace and contentment. The first is when I am writing and the second is when I am travelling and as I am doing both right this very second, I can’t imagine being any happier then I am right now!
Meg and I are currently sitting on a train heading south of London for Brighton. The locals call Brighton a “Holiday Making” city. This is a place to enjoy ones self! My guide book calls it the spot for the “Dirty Weekend.” Once upon a time this is where you would bring your mistress for a little one on one time. The king even built the grand Pavilion to keeps his little tarts.

Meg and I slept straight to 7:00 this morning! We opened our eyes, looked around and saw no sign of Jet Lag. He seems he has taken leave of us. Hallelujah for that!

Meg is currently staring intently out the window trying not to miss a single view of England as it whirls by. She has really impressed me on this trip. She is a smart little thing. Yesterday she was navigating us through the Tube like she had lived here all her life. I was afraid she would complain. The way I travel is exhausting. It is rough on a body but when I ask her how she is doing she says, “There is plenty of time for rest when I get home!” So, we just keep moving.

No comments: