Day 10, Saturday 8:00 PM Edinburgh

Our hostel in Edinburgh is amazing! Holy Cow! This is my forth time in the Scottish capital and I have not found a place I have ever wanted to stay twice. Well, that is until now! We are staying at the Globetrotters Inn. It is 20 minutes out of town but the hostel runs a shuttle back and forth every half hour. We are right on the sea! The view from our window is spectacular. The bunks are comfy and we have our own bathroom with . . . get this. . . a bath tub! I just took a long soak in the tub and it is so big that when I stretched completely out my toes did not even graze the end! I was doing the back float!

Anyway, enough about the tub. We had a long journey from Haworth. A couple of train transfers but we made it by 2:00. We wondered down Princes street and in and out of shops. I love Edinburgh. Everywhere you go you can hear bag pipes piping. Its all for the tourists (us) but I don’t care. You never feel like you are more in Scotland then when you are in Edinburgh.

We went to “my” cemetery. This creepy, super old grave yard is behind one of the city churches. I have had my picture taken behind the same headstone there three times now, and today was the forth. So, I was kneeling behind the head stone while Meghann aimed the camera at me when suddenly everything went dark and CRASH (lightening) and BOOM (thunder)! Meghann and I screamed and made a run past all the head stones laced with skulls and crossbones. Then the rain started. Pouring rain! We were soaked in seconds.

So tomorrow we are off to see all of Edinburgh’s must sees!

No comments: