Day 9, Friday 3:30 PM Haworth







I am sitting in the middle of the moors. I am sitting in the middle of Jane Eyre and Weathering Heights. Feet away from where I sit Jane and Mr. Rochester were created. This amazes me and tears keep springing to my eyes. This place inspired two of the greatest writers in history. God is so good to me to bring me to such places.

Meg and I decided that in honour of my idol we would wear our best dress. We put on our skirts and blouses and fix our hair and make-up and felt like girls for the first time in a week. I loved it. I felt like I was getting ready to meet someone really special.
















It was quite a hike to get up to the old church and the small parsonage behind it. The family lived there for decades. One by one they all died off. First the mother, then two little girls, then the brother Bramwell, then Emily, Ann and a few years later Charlotte. They all left their father to suffer on with out them for years. The talent that disappeared with that family is the most tragic thing of all.

Walking up through the moors I swear I could hear voices in the wind. Heathcleif lamenting over Catharine; Mr. Rochester despairing over Jane. They were all there hovering over the moors.


Its days like these that make the monotony of everyday life worth it!

No comments: