Day 4, 10:40 PM Sunday, London

Well, this morning started bright and early with a trip to Church. Yes, we are two good Mormon girls going to services on vacation! We found the chapel easy enough. The place was soon packed! At the stand the bishop asked all the visitors to stand up and about half the room stood!

It was fast Sunday and members of the ward got up to bear their testimonies. They were quick and powerful and made me tear up more then once. I tried counting the different accents I heard but soon lost count. English of course, American, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, African, German, Scottish, etc. It was like a giant melting pot of members of the church.

Next we went to the Victoria Albert Museum. It is full of random old stuff and was pretty neat at first but quickly became over whelming!

So, when we started planning this trip I asked Meghann, “So, what do you want to see while we are in England?”

“Well,” she replied, “The only thing I really know about is Abby Road.” Ahh. . . another Beatle fan! A girl after my own heart. So today we went to the sight of one of the most famous album covers in history! The zebra crossing is on a very busy street and it is against the law to cross it just for a photos sake. When we got there and saw just how busy it was Meghann said “I am not going across. Let’s just take some pictures here.”

“Cool,” I said as I started digging in my bag for my camera. "Your mom will probably not appreciate my calling her to tell her you have been squashed on Abby Road.” I looked up just in time to see the blurr of Meghann streaking across the street.

Well all right then, lets do this thing!

I stood with the camera pointed at Meghann on one side of the street and yelled, “When ever you are ready!”

She started across screaming, “Take the picture! Take the picture!” You’ll be happy to know we got the picture and no unfortunate phone calls had to be made.

No comments: